Be Informed and Consider the Facts
Analyze repair costs, recent repair history (last 18 months), current energy costs, safety and current comfort your system provides.
Consider the age of system – systems over 10 years old typically waste 10-20% of your energy dollars when compared to today’s modern high efficiency systems. If it’s over 20 years old, the savings are up to 55% more efficient.
Analyze These Factors
- Current and future repair cost
- Recent repair history
- Cost of energy wasted!
- Current comfort provided?
- Repair warranty
- Time lost due to repair calls
- Air quality / Filtration System
New Comfort System
- Many have 10 yr parts and labor warranty (no repair cost for 10 years) and are a hedge against the inflation cost of parts and service for the next 10 years.
- Add 10-55% better efficiency.
- Advances in technology provide features and benefits in new systems that can solve many existing problem areas and concerns.
Many health concerns are addressed with the advances in technology and some examples are as follows:
- Air quality, flow and humidity control are improved by enhanced comfort with variable speed technology.
- Duct sealing and possible duct modifications can be included for little or no cost at time of installation.
- High efficiency hepa-type and other air cleaners for your health needs.
Consider energy savings, increased home value, possible rebates and repair cost savings to determine the real cost of a replacement system. Your new comfort system starts paying for itself the day it goes in.